Friday, March 25, 2011

Adding the Floor.

Of course this coop will be over dirt, so I want all surfaces exposed to earth to be green treated.  I added (3) 3/4" sheets of treated plywood to the joists with stainless screws.  Nothing fancy, but I did take care when laying out the joist to make sure the plywood fit perfectly on an 8'x12' joist layout.  Even with all my care, when the plywood is laid edge to edge is actually 12-3/16", but I figured I could live with being off 3/16".

Making sure the first sheet is absolutely square and lined up.  It will determine the position of the rest of the sheets.

All the sheets on the joists with screws on the edges.  I'll go back and get the screws in the middle later.   

I used a straight 2x4 as a guide for laying out the screws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home