Monday, March 21, 2011

Blocking the Lagging the Joists.

I will be using my coop as one leg of the chicken run fence, and I don't want any critters getting into or out of the fence by sneaking over the skids.  I added 2x4 blocks between each joist.  These block aren't really structural, so I didn't put a lot of time into perfect spacing or screwing them down to the skids as well as the joists.

After blocking I added a 3/8x8 lag in each end of the first and last two joists.  These four joists will be keeping the skids parallel when moving the coop, and I need them anchored well.  I chiseled out a little pocket on the joist so the head of the lag would sit below the joist.  This will keep the plywood sitting flat on the joists.
Adding the blocks between the joists.
In the bottom half of the picture you can see the lags holding the first two joists to the skid. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home