Monday, March 21, 2011

Getting the Skids Ready

So, I've decided to build a chicken coop.

I don't have any solid plans, but it will be build on skids (to move it when we get tired of chickens), be 8x12 (to maximize the use of standard building materials), and be a mono-sloped roof.  The south wall will be 8' tall, and the north wall 6'.  I have a bunch of old barn windows from our cabin I will be using... somehow... on the south and east walls.  The west wall with have a door and probably a window.

The first thing I did was put a 45 degree break on either end of the 6x6 skids.  I augured a 1" hole in each end of the skids as well.  I thought it might come in handy someday.  I also decided to use 14' skids and let them stick out 12" on each end of the coop.  If we ever have to move the coop, we can get the loader bucket under the skids a little easier.
6x6 skid with a 45 degree cut and 1" hole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home